Distracted cooking causes fire alarm in the SU

By Laura Zampini

Earlier today a fire alarm caused a few minutes of disruption for students and staff in the SU Building. According to an LSE spokesperson, the fire alarm, which led to the evacuation of all 6 floors of the Saw Swee Hock Centre, was caused by overcooked items in the first floor servery of the building. 

A full and safe evacuation was achieved at 3:18pm, with readmission into the building starting just a few minutes later at 3:25pm. Security used megaphones to let in staff before admitting students. 

Less than a week ago, on September 25, another accident caused an LSE building out of action. Strong rain led to a water leak and some electrical damage, causing floors 3 to 7 in the tower of LSE’s recently inaugurated Centre Buildings to be inaccessible.

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
On Key

Related Posts

Hope One Day

by Neelam Shah / third-placed winner of the LSESU Poetry Society’s Summer Competition Hope One Day I hope one day there will be end to

scroll to top